Sunday, July 13, 2008

So short

Damn, never in these cyber cafe's long enough to get all my notes and thoughts together. This thursday though I'll be in Alaxendria in a decent hotel which should have some wifi for my to take advantage of.

The work days are short, yet long and hot enough that not much else is done at night but down a beer and update what's happened. I'm sitting here in Mansoura again, beeps and honks going off in the background like a cacaphony of maddened city songs. They can't drive here without playing chicken every five seconds. Police sirens don't matter. How is it I have yet to see an accident. There must be some symmetry and order in this chaotic system they have instilled.

Donkeys occasionally wear pants.

I went to the Sinai Penninsula the other day. The desert is beautiful, I could spend an aeternity amongs those grains of sand.

The stars on the roof are such a sight everynight as scorpio rises higher and higher. Sipping scotch and having an egyptian cigarette, this is heaven.

Poverty is all around, they throw their trash everywhere, in every river and street. They remove it though burning it where it lies. This doesn't happen often enough. There are a multitude of flies everywhere, no wonder I've yet to see a bat?

Still everyone is generally joking and laughing. This is a very fun place to be.

No comments: